Class of 2011

Class of 2011
The 19th Class of the Sports Journalism Institute outside of the Poynter Institute in St. Petersburg, Fla. From back left: Tariq Lee, Ignacio Marquez, Chaunte'l Powell, Craig Malveaux, Patricia Lee, Liz Torres, Jay Lee. (Seated from left to right): Sarah Kuta, Chris Torres, Michael Martinez and Carron Phillips.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

It doesn't end here

It's been a week. And it's been the most important week of my life. And the best part is it doesn't end here. SJI set the foundations for me and now it's my turn to take what I've been taught about preparation and story-building and put it into practice in the newsroom. The world is at our fingertips and I plan on taking full advantage of that. I am so grateful to have been offered this opportunity and for all the speakers who have shared their time and knowledge with us that have left such an immense impact that will carry on with us. I am also grateful for the guidance and support of Greg Lee, Sandy Rosenbush and Leon Carter. It is individuals like them who give young journalists hope for a better future. It is individuals like them who give minorities a chance and inspiration to pursue their dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment