Class of 2011

Class of 2011
The 19th Class of the Sports Journalism Institute outside of the Poynter Institute in St. Petersburg, Fla. From back left: Tariq Lee, Ignacio Marquez, Chaunte'l Powell, Craig Malveaux, Patricia Lee, Liz Torres, Jay Lee. (Seated from left to right): Sarah Kuta, Chris Torres, Michael Martinez and Carron Phillips.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Monday Monday!

Taking it easy on us? Not what I really expected, especially on a Monday. I don’t know what everyone else expected, but I was geared up for another long evening in the “war room” ready to take on Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight. Instead, we learned that class will end at 6:30 p.m. Even so, today has been just as valuable as the previous three days. Michael Anastasi and Malcolm Moran came in and filled my notebook with pages of information and tips. Their lessons will come in handy as I continue to let my mind absorb every piece of advice it gets during the time here.I’m going to use the evening mostly to go over my notes and look back on things we’ve done the last few days. I also plan on checking out Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals. I’m sure we’ll be tested heavily on it tomorrow morning when we get our first sports check of the day. I’ll be ready. I hope the rest of the group is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment