Class of 2011

Class of 2011
The 19th Class of the Sports Journalism Institute outside of the Poynter Institute in St. Petersburg, Fla. From back left: Tariq Lee, Ignacio Marquez, Chaunte'l Powell, Craig Malveaux, Patricia Lee, Liz Torres, Jay Lee. (Seated from left to right): Sarah Kuta, Chris Torres, Michael Martinez and Carron Phillips.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

That's all, folks!

That's it. Today is the last day at SJI and there are lots of things going through my mind. I'm sad this is ending, but at the same time I'm happy to say I feel a lot more prepared for my internship than I was when I got here. Even today after studying and getting for the Belmont Stakes, I had no idea what to expect. It showed. An event that is about two minutes long is about the hardest things to cover and it was an eye-opener! I scrambled and scrambled, but I am happy to know what I have to do to write a successful horse racing story. We worked until the end and I feel relieved that I am able to survive such bootcamp. I am grateful I got to be a part of this and I would not change the experience for anything. Yes, I won Sports Check, but it was a collective effort, something I would not have done without the help of my friends that I met here at SJI. Thank you everyone for your guidance and mentoring and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment